Upgrade Your SPF Game With Colorescience!
Summer season is around the corner and it’s QUICKLY approaching! Who’s ready for fun and memorable beach days, lots of outdoor activities and hobbies, spending time with all your loved ones, going on those long-awaited vacations you’ve been planning for, enjoying the sun and getting your tan on, planning new adventures, and so much more! However, there is one important factor during the hot and sunny days that you must remember (besides staying hydrated and drinking lots of water of course). You must always PROTECT YOUR SKIN from the sun!
Why Is SPF SO Important?
We hear all this talk about sunscreen and to wear it in the sun to prevent sunburns, but do we REALLY know what SPF and sunscreen do? Let’s start with the basics, shall we: SPF stands for Sun Protection Factor which is a measure of how well sunscreen will protect you and your skin from UVA and UVB rays. What is UVA and UVB rays you may ask? UVA stands for Ultraviolet A, which is associated with skin aging, as UVB stands for Ultraviolet B which is associated with skin burning. There are many reasons as to why SPF and sunscreen should be a part of your daily skin regime. However, here are the top three factors as to why SPF and sunscreen are crucial for protecting our skin:
1. Reduce Your Risks of Sunburn
OUCH! Getting sunburnt is never fun for anyone. Sunburns can occur from spending long periods of time outdoors with no application of sunscreen throughout the day. If you are the type to a) never apply sunscreen when outside in the blazing sun or b) the type to continuously experience sunburns, please remember: the lack of sunscreen can lead to skin cancer, premature wrinkles, and overall damage to your skin barrier. It’s time to start taking care of your face and body with sunscreen!
2. Reduce Your Risks of Skin Cancer
Using sunscreen each day can reduce your risks of skin cancer and help prevent damage to your skin. Overall, you can lower your risks by using a minimum of SPF-30 or a higher-level SPF for even more protection and learn to include it as a part of your daily skincare routine. If you have sensitive skin, using sunscreen with SPF-40 or higher is recommended. Since summer is the best time for outdoor activities, vacations, and immaculate beach days, remember to reapply your sunscreen at least every two hours for better protection!
3. Prevent The Signs of Aging
Although we love the sun and the beautiful weather that comes along with it, everyday sun exposure can be responsible for visible signs of aging. Repeatedly being exposed to the sun can cause damage to your collagen, elastin, and skin cells if you are not protecting your skin correctly. Over time, the lack of sunscreen and level of SPF can cause premature signs of aging which include fine lines and wrinkles, pigmentation, sunspots, reduced skin elasticity, and many other signs of aging in the skin. Looking to reduce wrinkles and have a more youthful appearance? The best place to start with is sunscreen! Continue to do your research to see what SPF and sunscreen is best for you and your skin type.
Colorescience is a new and innovative brand bringing makeup and SPF together into one on-the-go tool, beneficial for busy bodies or those that love a quick and clean application! They are experts when it comes to knowing and understanding healthy skin, skincare innovation, and overall sun protection. Colorescience prides their business on three outstanding attributes:
Colorescience uses only 100% pure, natural minerals, antioxidants, and botanicals!
Always have and always will be physical, mineral protection. No chemicals here!
- Formulated with potent, clinically tested ingredients to maximize results for long-term skin health!
Our days can get busy and sometimes, we may not always have the time to care for our skin the way we want to. However, with Colorescience, it is the exact opposite! Take your skincare on the go with you, wherever you go! What’s our favourite product that we’ve been loving? Introducing: Colorescience Sunforgettable, a powdered sunscreen that is an all-mineral skin shield which protects your skin in one convenient application. We love an all-in-one tool!
Benefits of Colorescience Sunforgettable®
The benefits of Colorescience Sunforgettable include:
- Broad Spectrum (UVA/UVB) Sunscreen
- SPF 50
- Water resistant (80 minutes)
- Vegan based product
- Always 100% chemical-free, mineral sunscreen actives
- Hydrating and antioxidant-rich formula
- Convenient, easy-to-apply, portable brush
- Antimicrobial bristles help protect the brush and maintain freshness
- Dermatologist recommended
- Hypoallergenic and non-comedogenic
How To Use Colorescience Sunforgettable®
For those wondering how to use the Colorescience Sunforgettable® all-in-one tool, here is step-by-step recommended by Colorescience:
- OPEN: Remove brush cap, pull back the sleeve, and remove and discard the rubber band. Put cap back on.
- ACTIVATE: With the cap still on, hold the brush with cap facing down and tap 3-5 times on a hard surface. Put some power behind those taps! Then remove the cap and run your finger through the bristles to ensure powder is flowing. Repeat tapping if needed, until you see a small puff of powder in the air when running your finger through the bristles.
- APPLY: Using small circular motions, sweep directly onto dry bare skin, moisturized skin, or over makeup. Apply generously across your face for at least 60 seconds while making multiple passes. Don't forget about your ears, neck and other areas! Reload more powder into bristles by giving the brush a good shake with bristles facing downwards, or recap, tap, and flick as necessary during application. If applying directly over a moisturizer, primer or liquid foundation, ensure products have fully set before applying Sunforgettable®. Reapply at least every two hours for continued protection.
Where To Buy Colorescience In Canada?
Colorescience can be purchased at Skin Vitality Medical Clinic! Interested in purchasing and trying Colorescience products today? Contact any of our 13 locations (Toronto, Oakville, Ajax, Richmond Hill, Mississauga, London, Stoney Creek, Hamilton, St. Catharines, Kitchener, Burlington, Milton, and Whitby) across the GTA to get started on your skincare journey. Unable to come into our clinic due to a busy schedule? Colorescience products can be purchased on our online e-store available to ship directly to your home! Thank your skin and upgrade your SPF with Colorescience today.